Kenneth Z. Chutchian
Class of 1975
- Played football and edited the CHS newspaper, The Paper Lion
- Acquired college degrees in both Journalism and Education
- Award-winning newspaper reporter
- Highly regarded high school teacher and community contributor
- Published author of well-received biography of influential historical figure
Ken’s career as a highly regarded high school teacher was the culmination of a work history that included his earlier years as an award-winning newspaper reporter. Ken’s time as editor of The Paper Lion, the CHS school newspaper, had established the underpinning of this. He had also played football to round out his high school experience. He earned his journalism degree at Syracuse University and then got his master’s degree in Education at the University of Southern Maine in preparation for his teaching career. Ken has established mentoring programs and other student support systems that have enriched the diversity of the student body. He showed perseverance and dedication in the eight years it took him to research and write the well-received biography of celebrated journalist and controversial political activist of the early 20th century, John Reed.